My Autumn Favorites series wouldn’t be complete without at least one scone recipe! I know some people don’t like scones but we LOVE scones in our house. Any kind – strawberry, blueberry, and yes, even pumpkin!
I love making a pot of tea and pulling out these pumpkin scones for a delicious fall treat!
Amazing Pumpkin Scones
2 Cups all purpose flour
1/2 Cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 Tablespoons cold butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 Tablespoons Milk
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
For the icing:
1 Cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmet
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1) Preheat oven to 425 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2) Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices in a bowl. Add in cold butter until your batter is crumbly without chunks of butter. I usually end up doing this by hand 🙂
3) In a separate small bowl, mix together the pumpkin, milk and egg.
4) Combine the wet ingredients into the dry.
5) Form dough into thick triangles on the baking sheet.
6) Bake for 10-15 minutes. Your scones will start to turn brown.
7) While your scones are baking, mix together the powdered sugar, milk, and spices together for the icing! I made this batch with orange food coloring but don’t normally add it in.
These are the best when they are hot and gooey! Enjoy! 🙂