If you are needing a little motivation and encouragement to kick off your new year, then this episode is going to help you get started!
We are going to start off by talking a bit about the importance of planning for your year, creating a family mission statement, and how to set goals out of that.
“A family mission statement is a combined, unified expression from all family members of what your family is all about — what it is you really want to do and be — and the principles you choose to govern your family life.” -Stephen Covey
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- My word of the year
- The basics of creating a family mission statement
- Resources for developing your own mission statement
- Some tips for reviewing it with your husband
- Creating realistic goals & priorities
[Tweet “”If you are feeling overwhelmed in your home, make a family mission statement for focus & intentionality!”]
Links & Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- My 2016 Word of the Year: JOY!
- The Art of Manliness: How and Why to Create a Family Mission Statement
- Intentional By Grace: How to Create a Family Mission Statement (Gospel-Centered Approach)
- Creating a Personal Priorities List for You Life & Homemaking
- Determining How You Should Spend Your Time as a Homemaker
- Creating a Manageable Schedule & Routines as a Homemaker
- Make Over Your Mornings eCourse
- Find out all the details of our MYM challenge starting January 11th!
- Homemaking Foundations Podcast on iTunes
- Sign up for my weekly podcast emails
Resource of the Week:
Take this 14 day course all about making over your mornings and learning how to manage all the CRAZY! Crystal’s grace-filled and simple approach to forming daily routines and rituals is a breath of fresh air. It doesn’t have to take a huge amount of time to transform your homemaking – in fact, if you can commit just 10 minutes a day, you can see a HUGE improvement in your homemaking. Check out the course today!
This course is not about getting up early but rather it’s about establishing small little routines into different parts of your day so that you can use your time wisely and efficiently.
Thanks for Listening!