I turn the air conditioner up on these hot hot days, snuggle in under warm blankets, light some spice candles, make some Pumpkin Spice Lattes in the crockpot, and bake some yummy cookies. Aw that sounds like the perfect Fall day 🙂
Today I want to share with you a different take on peanut butter cookies. They have oatmeal in them and peanuts on the top. These are so yummy and great to give as presents, maybe with a cute pumpkin cream cheese bread loaf?
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 self raising flour
1 cup rolled oats
4oz unsalted butter
1/2 cup caster (superfine) sugar*
1/3 cup honey
3 TBSP peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 oz unsalted butter
1 TBSP warm water
1 1/2 cups roasted chopped peanuts
*caster or superfine sugar is white sugar that is powdered but not quiet powdered sugar. You can buy it, or take regular table sugar and grind in a food processor or coffee grinder to make it fine.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the flours and the oats.
3. Mix together the butter, sugar, honey, and peanut butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Heat until melted, but don’t over heat.
4. Mix in the butter mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until the ingredients are just combined.
5. Roll teaspoons of batter into small balls and place on baking sheets. Press lightly to flatten balls.
6. Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Be careful not to over bake them, they cook quick. My oven is horrible so I kept a close watch on them. Cool the cookies before applying icing.
7. While cookies are in the oven, make the topping. Combine the powdered sugar, butter, and water in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
8. Drop some icing on each cookie when cooled and top with crushed peanuts.
*Adapted from The Baking Bible