Our big aim and goal this year with homeschooling is instilling a love of learning in our kids. That’s a tall order but also a fun goal to work towards. In this episode I am going to share our homeschooling picks and curriculum for this year and how we are trying to instill that love of learning. We will discuss fun ideas for this regardless of how you school your kids. Come listen in!
Listen to the Podcast:
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Links & Resources:
- Simply Charlotte Mason: To learn more about Charlotte Mason style homeschooling
- Listen to the previous episode: A Homeschooling Q&A
- The Good and the Beautiful Homeschool Curriculum – what we are using this year for math, language arts, handwriting, and science for 1st grade and we also got their PreK curriculum for the 4-year-olds. We also got a bunch of their reading books!
- Master Books – Another great curriculum we love. They have some amazing science resources especially and for more books to read
Resources for learning more about morning basket time:
- Your Morning Basket Podcast with Pam Barnhill – an entire podcast dedicated to this topic!
- How We Homeschool – Morning Time – by Read-Aloud Revival
- Simple Morning Time Plans – by Read-Aloud Revival
Where to find living books:
- The Good and the Beautiful Library – they republish out of print books
- Master Books – Great source of science books & devotionals
- Sonlight Readers – we love buying the package of books for each grade level. We will likely purchase Core B books for the spring when we finish up all core A books.
- Read Aloud Revival – Has TONS of book lists, recommendations, and more!