I’ve been getting back into reading this week and making plans to get caught up on my reading challenge for the rest of the year. I’ve read some really good books lately and a few not worth mentioning…but here’s a little reading challenge update as well as a list of past and current books! Listen in here:
Listen to the Podcast:
We also recorded this blog post as an audio podcast. If you want to listen in instead of reading, click play below or do a combination of both
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Books I’ve Read Recently:
- I’d Rather Be Reading by Anne Bogel
- Book Girl by Sarah Clarkson
- Caring for One Another by Edward T. Welch – I loved this book so much I ordered one for my sister and I ordered his new book Side by Side: Walking with others in Wisdom and Love
- War of Words by Paul David Tripp
- You and Me Forever by Francis & Lisa Chan
- Better Together: Strengthen Your Family, Simplify your Homeschool, and savor the subjects that matter most by Pam Barnhill
- Mere Motherhood by Cindy Rollins
- The fiction series I’ve been reading this year: The Wheel of Time. And I just read the Red Queen series. And I highly recommend The Lunar Chronicles. One of the best series I’ve ever read!!
What’s up next for me to read:
I need to read 39 more books by December 31st. Which is one book every 2.74 days, we’ll see if I can do it. Honestly, if I get to 80 books I will be happy! Here’s whats on my next to read list:
- A beautiful set of classics which includes: Little Women, Heidi, A Little Princess, and Anne of Green Gables.
- Praying Together: The Priority and Privilege of Prayer in our homes, Communities, and Churches
- The Gospel Comes with a House Key by Rosaria Butterfield
- Gospel Centered Mom: The Freeing Truth About What Your Kids Really Need
- Spiritual Depression: It’s Causes and Cures by Martin Lloyd Jones
- Long Days of Small Things: Motherhood as a Spiritual Discipline by Catherine McNniel
- Even Better Than Eden: Nine Ways the Bible’s Story Changes Everything about Your Story by Nancy Guthrie
- Therefor I Have Hope: 12 Truths That Comfort, Sustain, and Redeem in Tragedy by Cameron Cole
- Walking through Infertility: Biblical, Theological, and Moral Counsel for Those Who Are Struggling by Matthew Arbo