We get asked a lot about our favorite marriage and parenting books. So we complied a list of our favorite books broken up by category: marriage, family life, and parenting. Listen in to hear Jason and Jami discuss their favorites:
Listen to the Podcast:
You can find all of the links and resources mentioned today down below. And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Our Top Book Recommendations:
These lists are in no way exhaustive, but here are some we really enjoy! You can also check out our annual reading challenges here.
Our Favorite Marriage Books:
- The Excellent Wife and The Exemplary Husband
- Sweethearts for a Lifetime
- What Did You Expect?
- Tying the Knot Tighter
- Strengthening Your Marriage
- When Sinners Say “I Do”
- For engaged: Preparing for Marriage God’s Way by Wayne Mack
Our Favorite Family Life Books:
- Christian Living in the Home
- The Read Aloud Family
- Family Worship by Donald Whitney
- Peacemaking for Families (and the original book The Peacemaker)
- War of Words
Our Favorite Parenting Books:
- The Life Giving Parent
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart
- Parenting by Paul David Tripp
- The Faithful Parent
- For women: Treasuring Christ when Your Hands are Full and Glimpses of Grace
- For men: Family Shepherds and The Conviction to Lead
- Get Kathie Lee Giffords new book for 30% off with coupon code HOME
- Get 50% OFF your Christmas cards and photo calendar with coupon code HOMEHOLIDAY from Vistaprint
- Hurry Up and Read: Jason’s brand new podcast reading through classic Christian books
Check out Jason’s brand new podcast!!
If you are wanting to read more, find ways to read with your husband more, and/or read more Christian classic works…all without spending ANY money then we have an amazing new podcast to introduce you to!
Jason just launched his first solo podcast called Hurry Up and Read. It’s a 5 day a week podcast (M-F) is runs about 15 minutes each day. In the podcast, Jason reads through classic Christian books starting with The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs.