The idea that I need to return to again and again in my life and daily routine: is treasuring the Gospel in my home. So in today’s episode, we will be discussing what it means to make the Gospel known in your home and some practical ideas for making it a true priority throughout your day.
Listen to the Podcast:
We also recorded this blog post as an audio podcast. If you want to listen in instead of reading, click play below or do a combination of both
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
What is the “goal” of the Christian life?
“For I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.” – Philippians 1:19-23
- Desiring God, “Our Grand Obligation”: http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/our-grand-obligation
- Hf #74: The Goal of Our Christian Life: https://youngwifesguide.com/goal-christian-life-practical-theology-homemakers-part-2/
How do we treasure the Gospel?
- Book recommendation: What is the Gospel? By Greg Gilbert
- And free resources: The Centrality of the Gospel by Tim Keller: http://www.newcityindy.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/centrality-of-gospel.-keller.pdf
Practical Ideas & Suggestions
- A Catachism for boys and girls: http://www.reformedreader.org/ccc/acbg.htm
- The New City Catechism: http://newcitycatechism.com/
Seeds Family Worship
Jellytelly – Christian tv for kids
JellyTelly is a sort of Christian netflix for kids. It has over 100 different tv shows for kids that are all Bible based. We have been very impressed with it! To get a subscription, it is $4.99 a month or $49.99 a month. You can try out a FREE week here with coupon code: HMF.
They do have some great family devotional guides on their blog that are FREE. You can browse through them here.
Reading Gospel-Centered Books
Obviously, I have of book recommendations for the adults! But Jason and I also compiled our favorite Gospel-Centered books for kids: https://youngwifesguide.com/our-favorite-gospel-centered-books-for-kids-ages-3-10/
- Peacemaking for Families by Ken Sande
- No Little Women by Aimee Byrd
- What is the Gospel? By Greg Gilbert
- Family Shepherds by Voddie Baucham
- Word-Filled Families
To purchase access to all of the other amazing sessions during the 2017 Homemaking Ministries Online Conference you can do so here!
Check out the sponsor for today’s episode: Mylola.com and use coupon code HOMEMAKING at checkout to get 40% off all subscriptions.