This week I want to talk about money! Our budget is something that we have been really trying to work on in this season we are in. We have some really big financial goals for 2016 and getting our budget under control is the first step.
I am not naturally good at handling money. I hate dealing with budgets, and spreadsheets, and paying bills. It is probably my #1 thing that I struggle with in my home. But I do know, that in the seasons when we are on top of our money and budget down to the dollar, those are the months that we really are in control of our money!
We’ve slowly come to see that we really do need to budget every single dollar that comes in and goes out in order to really know where our money is going. It’s amazing how fast eating out and buying random things at Target can add up month after month.
So tune this week while we discuss what it means to be in charge of our finances, budgeting, and how this affects our homemaking over all! Let’s go ahead and dive in:
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The 7 baby steps to financial freedom (from Dave Ramsey)
- The steps we are using this year to budget better and save money!
- The best budgeting software (for personal use and for your business)
- My favorite meal planning websites
- And other resources to help you feel in control of your finances!
[Tweet “If you want to travel the road to financial freedom, you must first start with a road map.”]
Links & Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Dave Ramsey’s 7 Baby Steps
- Financial Peace University
- Mint.com – Budgeting Software
- Fresh Books – A replacement for Quicken and QuickBooks (We use this for our online business)
- Build a Menu – My favorite meal planning website!!
- Use coupon code: SaveMeMoney to get your first month for just $4!!
- Dave Ramsey Podcast Show
- Living Well Spending Less book
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Homemaking Foundations Podcast on iTunes
- Sign up for my weekly podcast emails
Book of the Week:
The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
We read this book through several years ago and plan to do so again. This is the book where Dave Ramsey really lays out a strong foundation on how to view money, how to budget, how to save, and most importantly, how to pay off debt! He goes over the 10 biggest money myths and how to pay off debt quickly with the debt snowball! So to check it out, find it on Amazon or a link to it in the shownotes.
Thanks for Listening!