So many of us are facing a lot of fear, panic, anxiety, and the unknown right now. Today’s episode is meant to serve as some encouragement in this fearful time. When we get anxious, where should we turn? HOW do we learn to trust in God more and become dependent on HIM, not our circumstances? Listen in here:
Listen to the Podcast:
You can find important links & info below. And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
Links & Resources:
- All the quotes from this episode can be found in the chapter on anxiety in Phylicia Masonheimer’s new book Stop Calling Me Beautiful
- Book recommendation: The Secrets of Contentment by William B. Barcley
- Book recommendation: Trusting God by Jerry Bridges
- Our sponsor for today’s episode: Get The Laugh and Learn Bible from Phil Vischer – including 52 bible stories and family devotions!
Bible Verses used:
- John 16:33 “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- James 1:2 says “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds”
“God’s trustworthiness is the strength behind our battle against anxiety. Every weapon we use against anxiety must start with who He is, because only then do we invite an objective perspective and power into our circumstances. Jesus is the most trustworthy person who exists. Think about it: How can we trust Him for our eternal destiny and not trust him with our present fear?” Stop Calling Me Beautiful, page 110.
I love Phylicia’s definition of faith: Trust in God’s goodness and ability.