Whew, this week was really busy with unpacking, planning for my new eCourse (details coming soon), and taking care of sick kiddos. But I’m happy to be back for the second week doing my weekly goals. I had some unexpected things come up this week so I didn’t accomplish as many goals on my list as I would have liked, but alas, that’s life!
I’m finally getting back to my blogging roots and sharing more personal posts from my life and homemaking again and it’s given me a fresh energy and life for posting. Because of that, I’m working really hard this month to get things shaped up around my blog and I’m gearing up to bring you some amazing content in the weeks and months ahead.
My twin boys are due in July so I am in full swing of getting things planned ahead for their arrival. I’m working on getting my VA (virtual assistant) trained on some of the cyclical aspects of the blog (such as getting posts edited and scheduled). I’m working on getting a few more contributing writers to fill out the month with posts. I’m working on my schedule of series and posts so that I can have content planned out and ready to go during my maternity break. And I’m working on stocking up my freezer with lots of meals for baby. Read more about how I’m getting prepared in this pregnancy, and what I’m taking, HERE.
A big part of that planning for my blog is going to happen this weekend. My husband has booked me a hotel room for Friday night and I’m stealing some time away to myself so I can plan out my personal goals for this year, rest up since being 21 weeks pregnant with twins boys and having 2-year-old twin boys has left me exhausted lately, and plan out the rest of the year here on my blog. I’m excited for some time by myself which is so rare these days.
What We’ve Been Up To This Week
Like I said, my goals and plans this week were thrown off a bit by sickness, but I was happy to spend that extra time snuggling on the couch with my toddlers.
Early last week I was able to get a jump start on my baby-freezer cooking! I’m working on getting my freezer stocked full for this summer when our twins are born. So before the sickness hit our house, I made a few batches of whole-wheat blueberry waffles! Yuuum. My boys love them.
Over six years ago, as we were preparing for our wedding, my mom gave me her old pots and pans set. We were so excited and thankful to not have to buy a set as we were newlyweds in college still. But six years later, after a few broken lids, a lost pot, and many many scratches, we finally saved up for our very own brand new set. Thank you Costco for making it more affordable!
Early in the week, I spent a couple of hours at my mother-in-laws house clearing out her garage from all the wedding stuff that was dumped in there after my sister’s wedding a few weeks ago. I came home with an entire mini van full of wedding stuff that needed to be sorted into our storage shed and put away in my crafting room/office. So this is what I spent Tuesday doing:
When I don’t feel well, my boys are sick, and the house is a mess, the last thing I want to do is something productive that actually needs to be done. So I work on fun projects instead (at least fun for me, I know some people hate this kind of thing). I decided it was time to spray paint and get my photo wall collage started in our living room. Here’s the progress I’ve made so far. I’ll do a full photo tutorial once I’m done.
So without further ado, here are my goals from last week and how I did.
Last week’s personal goals:
1) Get the house cleaned up after all the wedding mess For the most part we have gotten the house back under control and all the wedding stuff put away! See below. 2) Read the Bible and my personal devotional book (The Christian Homemaker’s Handbook) every day. I’m going to mark this one off as a success even though I missed a day or two this week. My babies (and I) got sick this week and my schedule was totally thrown off. 3) Read one chapter of Give Them Grace each night with my husband. I’m also marking this one off as a success. We have been out of our book reading habit since Christmas as so we are giving ourselves grace in getting back into this routine. We missed several nights this week but are working on making this a nightly habit once again! 4) Meal Plan and grocery shop for the next two weeks.
5) Make progress on getting our new home office set up (I’ll hopefully share photos next week). (Nope – didn’t get to it with all the sickness going around).
6) Exercise twice this week (I have to start out small with this goal). (Nope – didn’t get to it!)
Last week’s business goals:
1) Finalize my session outlines for a new course I’m working on that launches NEXT MONTH (I can’t wait to share the details with you)! The eCourse is coming together!! Almost ready to release the details.
2) Post 4 times this week on my blog. (I got halfway there. I posted twice!)
3) Plan and book my personal and business planning retreat in March. I leave Friday! I can’t wait :)
Here are my new goals for this week:
1) Continue reading the Bible and my personal devotional book (The Christian Homemaker’s Handbook) every day.
2) Continue reading one chapter of Give Them Grace each night with my husband.
3) Exercise twice this week.
4) Tidy up the house, finish laundry, and leave my husband with plenty of food for this weekend when I’m on my writing retreat.
5) Finish my photo wall collage in our living room.
6) Clean out kitchen cupboards and closets and make a trip to goodwill.
7) Decide on our twin boys’ names. We are revolving around three options and having a hard time nailing it down!
1) Finish all filming of the video sessions for my upcoming eCourse.
2) Publish four blog posts this week.
3) Plan out my schedule for my writing retreat this weekend. I want to utilize this time as best I can.
What are your goals for this week?
You can join me over on Instagram where I show pictures every day of our real life, my homemaking routines, and behind the scenes here on the blog. Come on over and join me :)
If you are needing a little extra dose of encouragement and support, then join our Christian Homemaking Community on Facebook where we share our weekly goals with each other every Monday.