This week is Meal Planning week here at YWG. Meal planning is a really important part of running and managing my kitchen and I’m excited to dive into resources all week for helping you discover a meal planning option that works best for you. On Friday I shared 15+ recipes that the whole family will love for under $5!
If you are looking for a fun way to keep track of your menus and recipes, today I’m sharing some adorable ways and tutorials to do your meal planning. (But don’t worry – if you don’t have the time or energy to do these tutorials, just skip it. Come back on Thursday for easy and simple meal planning options.)
8 Menu Planning Tutorials
DIY Chalkboard Fridge Menu Planner – Genevieve Gail
This is one of the coolest recipes I’ve ever seen. We have a stainless steel fridge so I’m not sure the tutorial would work. But I will have to find a reason to do this one day! Get the full tutorial from Genevieve Gail.
Organization Board + Menu Plan Tutorial – Girl Loves Glam
I have been wanting to make a family command center for a while! This tutorial includes a great spots to customize for meal planning, your calendar, to-do lists, and cleaning schedules. Get the full tutorial (plus FREE printables) from Girl Loves Glam.
Wooden Menu Bar Tutorial – Fussy Monkey Business
Um…this is seriously so beautiful! What a fun menu that adds a bit of decor too. This would be really pretty to hang up above a coffee bar or small cabinet. I can think of so many ideas for this. Get the full tutorial fro Fussy Monkey Business.
Magnetic Menu Board – The Homes I Have Made
I think out of all of these tutorials, this one might be the most practical. Yes, it does take a bit of time to get it all set up. But it’s very versatile and easy to use. I love it! Get the full tutorial from The Homes I Have Made.
Butcher Paper Menu Planner – We Heart
So this is actually hung up in a bistro in London, but how fun would this be in your kitchen? If you are going for a rustic vibe in your kitchen then this would be the perfect thing to hang up. See the bistro in London here.
DIY Chalkboard Menu Cabinet – By Dawn Nicole Designs
I have a cupboard just like this in my kitchen! What a cute focal point. This could work really well inside the cupboard too if you don’t want it on the outside. See the full tutorial on Dawn Nicole Designs.
DIY Menu Board – Sarah Potter Photography
This would be a great project to do with your kids! This is fun because you can really customize it to the colors and look of your kitchen. Get the full tutorial from Sarah Potter Photography.
Easy Meal Planner (Great for gifts) – How Does She
This is probably the easiest of all of these tutorials! And would make great gifts for other homemaker’s in your life. Get the full tutorial from How Does She.
My Very Favorite Meal Planning Solution
If you are looking for a great way solution for your actual meal planning (the recipes, shopping list, etc.) then you have got to check out Build A Menu! It’s a meal planning website that pulls amazing recipes each week (or allows you to put your own recipes in) and within minutes you can create a full meal plan complete with a printable shopping list.
And right now, you can try out Build a Menu for just $4 for your first month! Use coupon code: SaveMeMoney to try out my very favorite meal planning solution! (I’ve been using Build a Member now for over a year and a half and I am totally in love with it!) Find out more about Build a Menu here.
I use meal planning for several reasons, but here are a few of my favorite ways to use Build a Menu:
- It helps me to save so much money. Meal planning already can help you save money. But BAM has built in price estimates for each meal which makes it super easy to stay on budget.
- It prevents us from eating out. There’s nothing like getting to 5pm and not knowing what to make for dinner. It will drive us to eating out or picking up a pizza every time. Having things planned out helps so much!
- It is created by a pair of Christian stay-at-home-moms. Nobody understands what a homemaker’s daily life is like like another homemaker. They created this menu planning software for exactly what I need!
- Done for you and create your own menus. During the November sale, you can get Build a Menu for over 50% off PLUS the done for you meal plan. Sign up and you will get a meal plan, fully done for you, sent to your inbox each week – or the options for building your own menu from their bank of recipes (or adding your own).
- It saves so much time. I think this is the biggest thing I love about meal planning with BAM. It takes less than 20 minutes to do an entire month’s worth of meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and to print off your shopping list – and your off to the store!
You can watch how Build a Menu works here: