The kitchen is one of those areas in our lives that can take a ton of time, energy, and money and at the end of the day, we can still feel like we are spinning our wheels. Do you ever feel like your kitchen is controlling you?
Between meal planning, grocery shopping, all the cooking, coordinating, and clean up, it’s really easy to spend all of our time in the kitchen and still not see much fruit from it all! So today I am going to take some time to dive into how we can get our kitchen under control, some tips for meal planning, and how we can save money from within our kitchens.
As a homemaker, who is concerned about my family’s health and staying within our grocery budget, learning how to meal plan has been the single most important and helpful skill I’ve developed in my home. Join me in today’s episode as we explore how we can regain some control within our kitchens!
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The benefits of meal planning
- How to save time, money, and energy in your kitchen every single week
- 3 simple steps to effective meal planning
- Tips for grocery shopping
- An online system for meal planning OR how to do it by hand
Links & Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Hf #6: Freezer Cooking & My Homemaking
- Download my free Meal Planner and the Shopping List
- My favorite laminator from Amazon
- My favorite cookbooks:
- Follow me on Pinterest (for all my meal planning & recipe boards)
- Build a Menu – Online Meal Planning Solution
- Until November 23rd: get a full year of BAM for just $35 with coupon code: BAM12for35
- Or try one month for only $4 with coupon code: SaveMeMoney
- Homemaking Foundations Podcast on iTunes
- Sign up for my weekly podcast emails
Resource of the Week:
Build a Menu – Online Meal Planning Solution
The resource of the week is the meal planning website called Build a Menu. They have a big annual sale every year where you can get a full year subscription for over 50% off. I had been following them for a while and wanted to try it out but just never took the plunge. So about a year and a half ago they were running a great sale and so I decided to jump in and give it a try.
Until then I had never found a meal planning website that I liked and that fit what I needed, I had tried 2 or 3 at that point. So I signed up and tried making my very first menu and I was hooked from then on! I actually liked the website so much that I signed up as an affiliate for them. So I do make a small commission each time someone purchases a membership through my link (at no extra cost to you). But I truly wouldn’t promote them if I didn’t use them myself and love it.
A few features that I love about Build a Menu that make it my favorite meal planning website:
- Price estimates built into the meal planning
- Several meal plan options (gluten free, THM, family favorites, dinner on a time, slow cooker, etc)
- Instant shopping list and printable calendar of your meal plan
- The cost!! With all of these built in features, you would easily pay upwards of $200 a year on other meal planning websites
- An entire bank of awesome recipes that are updated weekly OR the option to import any or all of your own family favorite recipes
Through Nov. 23rd you can get BAM for over 50% off! They are running their big annual sale right now. Just use coupon code: BAM12for35 to get an entire 12 month membership for just $35!
If you are listening to this after the 23rd, no worries! You can still try out Build a Menu for just $4 for your first month by using coupon code: SaveMeMoney. You have hardly any risk. Try it out for $4. If you don’t love it, no problem! Ditch it and try out something else. But I know once you try that first month you will love it!